Monday, June 26, 2006

Painting your Body Kit

Here are the Steps I had taken when painting my own Acura Integra Body Lip Kit:

1. Wet Sanding - Kit Preparation (How to Wet Sand)
2. Primer the Kit - helps promote adhesion of the paint to the surface being painted.
3. Painted Lip Kit - pictures after painted with spray can.
4. Rubbing Compound and Swirl Remover - level out the gritty clear coat and bring it to a professional shine.
5. Lip Kit Pictures after Swirl Remover - the results of making the clear coat shine.
6. Body Lip Kit Painted and Installed (Acura Integra OEM Lip Kit Installation Instructions)

Hope this inspires some to try and paint your own body lip kit!

Regards,
Michael Kralj
Learn to detail your car in my other blog!

1 comment:

Will Hoffman said...

I really need to do this to my car, it's looking pretty bad! Thanks for the info